Do you ever sit in front of your TV, newspaper, news site, feeling sad, angry, discouraged about the status of the world? You’re not alone. I don’t believe that it is the reality. There is so much good, inspiration and love out there, but unfortunately it doesn’t get enough stage time in media. The ‘We Are The World’ Blogfest wants to change that.
My blogger friend, Damyanti Biswas brings us the blogfest with her fabulous co-hosts:
- Belinda Witzenhausen,
- Emerald Barnes,
- Eric Lahti,
- Inderpreet Uppal,
- Lynn Hallbrooks,
- Mary Giese,
- Michelle Wallace,
- Peter Nena,
- Roshan Radhakrishnan,
- Simon Falk,
- Susan Scott,
- Sylvia McGrath,
- Sylvia Stein.
Why this collection of good news?
Here’s what Damyanti has to say about the blogfest:
“We Are the World Blogfest” seeks to promote positive news. There are many an oasis of love and light out there, stories that show compassion and the resilience of the human spirit. Sharing these stories increases our awareness of hope in our increasingly dark world.
We will link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and you could choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support, so we could all chip in to a good cause if we like.
Let us flood social media with peace and love, and “In Darkness, Be Light.”
It’s a wonderful initiative to focus on all the goodness that is happening around the world and I’m more than happy to join. If you’d like to so, too, add your link below.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
- Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
Join the other bloggers on the linky list: click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list with all the participants and absorb all the positivity from around the world. Hope to see you there!
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” (Norman Vincent Peale)